Thursday, May 05, 2005

ultrasound--05.04.2005


Baby Koupal yawning at 24 weeks. Posted by Hello

Well, another appointment and another update. The doctor once again did an ultrasound and the baby was STILL stubborn and wouldn't show the doctor his/her upper lip. The doctor just wants to see it to make sure that everything is ok and there won't be any surprises when it is born (clef lip). He also still could not tell if it was a boy or a girl, so at least we have a modest little baby. He did say that we need to teach our baby "ultrasound etiquette" but I'm not sure how we can really help with that right now. While he was doing the ultrasound he shook my belly to try to get the baby to move, he even had me lay on my side…nothing. So that Koupal side (the stubbornness) is really coming out in our baby during our ultrasounds. The appointment was great and all is well though. I feel the baby move often (almost every two hours) and Michael is starting to be able to feel it on the outside of my belly more consistently. He can feel the big kicks but he has not been able to feel the little movements just yet. I guess that will come with time when the baby gets bigger and has nowhere to move but out. I am pretty sure that my belly button is going to pop any day. I am getting pretty big and definitely cannot wear my old cloths anymore. This Saturday I will start my 25th week so I am just rolling right along. Just think, only 3 more months until I will have a little baby in my arms. That is so exciting. And 3 more months until I will have sleepless nights, spit and puke on all of my cloths, no time to clean, dishes piling up…some days I would like to wait :) We are very excited and keep counting the days down.

No comments: