Thursday, July 13, 2006

happy fathers day

Well Michael's first fathers day wasn't the greatest. I woke up that morning, went and got Macy and changed her diaper. As I was putting her diaper in the diaper genie she fell off of her changing table. I think that I cried harder than she did, it was awful. Once we all settled down we put her down to have her walk and once she took steps we knew that her legs were ok. Then we went to have her crawl and when she would get to her left hand she would fall. So we called a friend of ours that is a nurse to see what we should do. She told us to wait a day and maybe it was just because her muscles were sore. Then on Monday (Michael's birthday) when things weren't better we took her in. She ended up with a lateral fracture on the bone in her arm and they casted it up. Right when we got home she was crawling again and doing everything like it didn't even happen. She was supposed to get her cast off on July 3rd but I was still in San Diego with my sisters (on our way home) and Macy was at her grammy's in Rapid City. So when we woke up on July 4th we were laying in our bed and I decided to try to take her cast off and it slid right off. We were going to take her in to get it taken off but they weren't going to x-ray it or anything since it was just a fracture so we didn't see a reason to pay someone to do something that we could do. So now the cast if off and Macy is just fine again. Here are some pics of here with her cast on. By the way it was signed by some of the best basketball players in South Dakota history (and I don't mean Michael and myself) I was working at a camp at USD and when her and Michael came to visit me and they all wanted to sign it. Pretty cool!!!









No comments: