Thursday, July 07, 2005

labor and delivery classes

Tuesday night we had our first experience with labor and delivery classes. They basically went over the different kinds of delivery and the different pain medications that can be taken. We aren’t, well I’m not completely sure on what I want to do as far as pain medications. Michael doesn’t have much of a say in that one, he’s not the one suffering through all of this. I have some options to think about, that’s for sure. I have heard though that you are a fool if you don’t get an epidural, we’ll see. I did like the fact that in almost every part of the video the husband was rubbing the wife’s back, hint hint Michael. Next week we will take a tour of the maternal care center, learn about caring for the baby after birth, and draw for some door prizes. They have been a good experience so far, after all we don’t know a whole lot with this being our first.

No comments: